Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 2 Servings
This authentic biryani recipe is what you are looking for! Try this recipe now and I promise you that you will not get disappointed with it at all! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go. Enjoy!
1 c basmati rice (soaked for at least 20 mins)
1 medium onion (½ c thinly sliced)
1 green chilli
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp mint leaves
2 tbsp coriander leaves
½ tsp red chilli powder or paprika, adjust to taste
¼ tsp turmeric
¾ to 1 tsp garam masala (adjust to taste) or Biryani Masala Powder
1 small tomato (optional) chopped
1¾ c water or thin coconut milk
1½ to 2 tbsp Oil (or ghee)
3 tbsp curd or yoghurt
⅛ tsp salt for veggies
¼ tsp for water
1 small potato or beans, cubed
1 medium carrot, chopped
⅓ cup green peas
1 bay leaf
3 cloves (laung)
3 green cardamoms
½ tsp shahi jeera (or cumin seeds)
10 fried cashews
for garnish (optional)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Drain the water from the soaked rice.
2. Prepare the veggies by slicing them.
3. Add oil to a pot and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the star anise, shahi jeera, bay leaf, cardamoms, cinnamon, and cloves. Sauté for about a minute or until aromatic.
5. Add the green chilis and onions, then sauté until translucent.
6. Add the garlic-ginger paste and sauté until aromatic.
7. Add chopped veggies and sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent.
8. Add the tomatoes, yoghurt, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, mint leaves, garam masala, turmeric, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
9. Turn the heat down to low and add spread the rice on top of the vegetables.
10. Mix coconut milk and salt, then pour it over the sides.
11. Add 1 teaspoon of ghee, fried onions, saffron-soaked milk, and 2 tablespoons of mint leaves. Stir until well mixed.
12. Cover the pot and cook over low heat.
13. Remove from the heat and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 3.6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!