Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Healthy and very comforting soup ready in less than an hour! This Vegan White Bean Soup is so easy to cook. With a few ingredients, you can have the best soup to serve today. Enjoy!
1 medium potato, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
A pinch of ground allspice
1/2 tsp dried thyme or 1 sprig of fresh
2 tbsp coconut milk
2 c vegetable broth, or water
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp dried marjoram
4 c white beans, cooked or 8 ounces dried (use Navy, Lima, Cannellini, Great Northern)
1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1 tsp dried parsley flakes or 2 tsp fresh leaves chopped
1/2 tsp ground paprika
A pinch of Cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1. Rinse the dried beans with water.
2. Put the beans into a large bowl, then pour in enough water to submerge them. Let the beans soak for about 8 hours or overnight.
3. Drain the beans, then cook in boiling water for a few minutes until soft.
4. In a large pot, add water, carrot, onion, beans, garlic, allspice, paprika, coconut milk, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, and parsley. Stir until well blended.
5. Place the pot on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the mixture to boil.
6. Turn the heat down to medium, then simmer for about 30 minutes or until done.
7. Add the yeast flakes, then stir until well mixed. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 to 4 days.
Energy:150 kcal / 627 kJ | Fat:2 g | Protein:7 g | Carbs:27 g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!