Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1hr | Total: 1 hr 30 mins | Serving: 10 | Yield: 1 – 8-inch springform pan
This recipe for Very Berry Cheesecake is so delicious that I cried unintentionally when I first had it. I am not making things up, tears falling from my eyes when I started eating it. The first time I had this with my friends, we were invited to a cozy home and saw the cake, so I took a slice of that cheesecake right away as I loved everything with berries and wept there. My friends were panicking that they hid me under the tables because they were so ashamed of what I did.
(40) wafers vanilla wafers, crushed
6 tbsp butter, melted
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
¾ cup white sugar
2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cottage cheese, cream
¼ cup cherry brandy
(3) large eggs
3 ½ cups fresh blackberries
1 tbsp cherry brandy
1 tbsp white sugar
1. In a medium bowl, add and stir vanilla wafer crumbs and butter. Put the mixture into the bottom and 1 3/4 inch up the sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside. Add and put cottage cheese in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Stir in the 1/4 cup cherry brandy. Add and beat in eggs on low speed just till combined. You do not want to incorporate too much air into the batter.
3. Prepare the oven, preheat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pour half of the cheese mixture into the crust-lined pan. Spread a cup of the fruit on top. Add the remaining cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the fruit on top. Put in a shallow baking pan in the preheated oven.
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or till center appears nearly set when shaken. Let it cool for 15 min in a wire rack. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
5. For the topping, combine the remaining 2 cups fruit, a tbsp of cherry brandy, and a tbsp of sugar in a medium bowl. Cover, chill for up to 2 hours. To serve, cut cheesecake into wedges. Top each serving with fruit topping.
Per Serving: 490.1 calories; 126.8 mg cholesterol; 367.9 mg sodium; 10 g protein; 41.4 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!