Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This Vidalia Onion Pie is packed with delicious flavors. It’s easy to make and it only takes about an hour to cook. The combination of cheese, butter, eggs, milk, and of course the Vidalia onions are just too perfect! I am very confident that you and your loved ones are going to love it! Try this recipe now. Enjoy!
1/3 c melted butter
2 1/2 c crumbled crackers, Ritz or saltine crackers
dash of hot sauce
3/4 c grated cheddar cheese
3/4 c milk
2 1/2 c thinly sliced Vidalia onions
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry parsley, optional
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Add crumbled crackers and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
3. Transfer the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, then spread it evenly to the sides and bottom.
4. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-low.
5. Add 2 tablespoons and allow it to melt.
6. Add the onions, then sauté for about 10 minutes or until translucent.
7. In a mixing bowl, add eggs, pepper, hot sauce, milk, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
8. Add the onions over the pie crust and spread it evenly.
9. Add the egg mixture on top of the onion layer and spread it evenly.
10. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and grated cheese on top.
11. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until done.
12. Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature. Slice into even servings.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 274 kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 499mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!