Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This Mexican Casserole is just too good not to share with you! This will surely become your favorite with just one bite! You will have a true Mexican food experience with this one. Try it now!
8 corn tortillas
3/4 c nonfat sour cream
1 (15 ounces) can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 (1 1/4 ounces) package of taco seasoning mix
1-pound extra-lean ground beef (drained or rinsed!)
2 c fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15 ounces) can dice canned tomatoes
1/2 c onion (chopped)
1/3 c reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
1/4 c canned jalapeno slices, chopped
1/3 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (or less (or more)
1 (15 ounces) can kernel corn (drained)
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the ground beef, then cook for about 10 minutes until crumbly and brown. Discard any accumulated grease.
3. Add the onions, then sauté for a few minutes until soft.
4. Add the tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning, black beans, and jalapenos. Stir until well mixed.
5. Turn the heat down to medium, then simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes.
6. Apply cooking spray to a 12×8-inch baking dish.
7. Slice every tortilla into two, then place half of them at the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange them overlapping each other.
8. Add 1/2 of the beef mixture on top of each tortilla. Top each with sour cream.
9. Add the rest of the tortillas on top.
10. Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil.
11. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
12. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake the casserole for about 25 minutes or until done.
13. Remove the casserole from the oven, then sprinkle cheese on top. Cover the casserole and allow the cheese to melt completely.
Sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro on top to garnish.
14. Serve right away with tomatoes, salsa, lettuce, or black olives. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/6th of the pan Calories: 355 Sugar: 8.2 Fat: 5.9 Saturated Fat: 2.2 Carbohydrates: 52.3 Fiber: 10.4 Protein: 26.7
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!