Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45mins | Total: 1hr | Serving: 15 | Yield: 5 mini loaves
I’m a big fan of banana bread, but listening for the first time to this recipe makes me think twice before I find it worth making. I couldn’t imagine bringing this whiskey and bacon banana bread together before. I bet I grinned like a lunatic when I decided to make this recipe because I didn’t expect it to be so sweet. It was wonderful astronomically, and it is banana bread with bacon and a kick of whiskey.
(1) serving butter-flavored cooking spray (such as Pam®)
(3) eaches very ripe bananas
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp banana extract
(1 ½) fluid oz whiskey and honey liqueur (such as Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey®)
1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
(4) large eggs
3 tbsp bacon drippings
(5) slices cooked bacon
(2 ¼) cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray 5 mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Add and place bananas, vanilla extract, banana extract, and whiskey-honey liqueur into the work bowl of a stand mixer and mix well. Transfer the banana mixture into a bowl. Add and beat butter, sugar, eggs, and bacon drippings in a clean bowl using a stand mixer until the butter mixture is fluffy about (3) minutes. Stir banana mixture into butter mixture.
3. Add and place bacon slices into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add and mix bacon into moist ingredients. Add and combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder on a large paper plate and use a paper plate as a funnel to add flour mixture to moist ingredients in the mixer bowl, add and beat until batter is combined. Pour batter into prepared mini loaf pans.
4. In a preheated oven, bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean or with moist crumbs for 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 352.4 calories; 86.5 mg cholesterol; 454.2 mg sodium; 5.5 g protein; 46.8 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!