Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
You will surely love these heavenly treats! If you are looking for a new and easy recipe to try, then this is the one for you! Oh, man, you will fall in love with these White Chicken Enchiladas! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this even better! Anyway, have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
8-10 small flour tortillas
3 c cooked chicken shredded or chopped
3 c Monterey jack cheese shredded-divided
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tbsp flour
2 c chicken broth
1 c sour cream
1 (4-oz can) diced green chillies mild
2-3 tbsp green onions sliced
1. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
3. In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese and chicken. Stir until well mixed.
4. Fill each tortilla with the mixture.
5. Roll and arrange them into the prepared baking dish.
6. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add flour and whisk until well mixed. Cook for about a minute.
9. Remove the skillet from the heat, then add broth. Whisk until well mixed.
10. Put the skillet back on the stove. Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
11. Add the chilis and sour cream, then stir until well mixed.
12. Pour the sauce on top of the enchiladas and spread it evenly.
13. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top.
14. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until done.
15. Remove from the oven and garnish with green onions.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 897kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 1472mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 5.5g | Vitamin A: 1400IU | Vitamin C: 10.7mg | Calcium: 780mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!