Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 1hr | Total: 1 hr 20 mins | Serving: 18 | Yield: 2 loaves
I had some leftover zucchini in the refrigerator, which is very rare for our house because we love zucchini so much. Bread making with the leftover zucchini seemed like the ideal activity on Sunday afternoons. This Zucchini Bread with Cinnamon Sugar Topping hit the mark. When I was little, I just didn’t like the zucchini. My mom would make this as a side dish, and I didn’t want a single piece of it, but it is one of my go-to’s as an adult, and I couldn’t get enough. I’m not sure why I just couldn’t stand it as a child. Making this bread is good because the vegetables are sweet and tasty too.
(3) Egg, whole, raw, fresh
1 cup Oil, soybean, salad or cooking
2 cups Sugars, granulated
2 cups Zucchini, raw
2 tsp Vanilla extract
½ cup Raisins, golden seedless
(3) cups Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
1 tsp Leavening agents, baking soda
(½) tsp of leavening agents, double-acting, baking powder, sodium aluminum sulfate
1 tsp Salt, table
1 tsp Spices, cinnamon, ground
¼ cup Sugars, brown
¼ tsp Spices, cinnamon, ground
1. Preheat oven 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Prepare two loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Add and mix the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and then add the raisins. In a separate bowl, add and combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and a tsp of cinnamon. Whisk flour mixture into the zucchini mixture, stirring until almost all the lumps are gone. Divide the batter between the two prepared loaf pans.
3. Whisk flour mixture into the zucchini mixture, stirring until almost all the lumps are gone. Divide the batter between the two prepared loaf pans, and sprinkle the tops with the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture.
4. In the preheated oven, bake it for an hour until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cooling for 10 minutes in the pans before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 310.3 calories; 31 mg cholesterol; 227.6 mg sodium; 3.5 g protein; 45.5 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!