Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Rest Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This Zucchini Tomato Casserole is superb! With this very basic set of ingredients, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner today! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you all love and appreciate this recipe today. Enjoy!
8 oz whipped cream cheese
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 average-size zucchinis, sliced (you’ll need about 6 to 7 c of sliced zucchini)
salt and fresh ground pepper
2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
4 cloves garlic, divided (about 1 tbsp)
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil, divided
1 c Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
2 tbsp butter, cut up into 1/4-inch slices
chopped fresh basil, for garnish
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Brush with butter in a 9-inch baking dish.
3. Add cream cheese, basil, ground nutmeg, and milk into a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
4. Arrange 1/2 of the zucchini slices onto the prepared baking dish.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the zucchini.
6. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the zucchini.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 of basil and 1/2 of garlic over the tomatoes.
8. Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese over, then sprinkle 1/2 of the shredded Italian cheese.
9. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers.
10. Add dots of butter on top.
11. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until done.
12. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
13. Sprinkle freshly chopped basil on top.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 days.
Calories 180 | Calories from Fat 144 | Fat 16g 25% | Saturated Fat 9g 45% | Cholesterol 48mg 16% | Sodium 232mg 10% | Potassium 264mg 8% | Carbohydrates 5g 2% | Fiber 1g 4% | Sugar 3g 3% | Protein 6g 12% | Vitamin A 920IU 18% | Vitamin C 13.4mg 16% | Calcium 209mg 21% | Iron 0.5mg 3%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!