Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Ready in just an hour, this Zucchini Tomato Gratin is a must-try! My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Enjoy this delicious meal!
1 Egg, beaten
1 to 2 Roma or other smallish tomatoes, thinly sliced. You can also use grape tomatoes
1 to 2 ounces cheddar, Gruyere, or Swiss cheese, grated, plus 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
3 medium-sized zucchini squash, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, rubbed together between your hands to bring out the flavor, plus salt and pepper to taste
3 yellow summer squash, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a large pan with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
3. Add the summer squash pieces and zucchini, then cook for about 10 minutes. Drain with a colander.
4. Add the cooked squash into an oven-safe bowl, then mash it but not too much.
5. Put it back into the colander and drain excess water.
6. In an 11×8-inch baking dish, add egg, squash, pepper, salt, and red pepper. Stir until well blended.
7. Add the tomato slices on top of the mixture, then tuck some of them under.
8. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven, then sprinkle the cheeses on top.
10. Bake for another 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely and turns golden brown. Broil for a minute or two.
11. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!