Cheesy, meaty, and spicy! This Beef and Cheese Chimichanga is a must-try! I remember the first time I tasted this. It was a friend’s party. I fell in love with it instantly so, I had to ask my friend for the recipe. She was graceful enough to share it with me. Now, allow me to share it with you as well. How awesome is that? These easy steps will guide you to perfection. Enjoy!
Oil for deep-fat frying
1-1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. of ground beef
2 tsp chili powder
12 flour tortillas (10-inches), warmed
1 tsp minced garlic
3 cans (8 oz. each) of tomato sauce, divided
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 can (4 oz) of chopped green chilies
1/2 c finely chopped onion
1 can (4 oz) of chopped jalapeno peppers
1 can (16 oz) of refried beans
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the ground beef, then cook for a few minutes until crumbly and brown.
3. Add the chili powder, cumin, beans, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, and onion. Sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add 1/3 cup of the mixture in the middle of every tortilla, then fold and roll each. Use toothpicks to lock each tortilla.
5. Place a large saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
6. Add tomato sauce, chilis, and peppers. Stir until well mixed, then heat for a few minutes.
7. Place a deep frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to about 375 degrees F.
8. Add 1-inch of oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the chimichangas, then fry each side for about 2 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
10. Transfer chimichangas onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
11. Sprinkle cheese over the chimichangas.
12. Serve right away with the sauce. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!