Check out this Exquisite Pot Pie! This delightful dish is a testament to the fact that comfort food can be both simple and delicious. Perfect for family dinners, gatherings, or just a cozy evening meal, this pot pie will surely be a hit. Using ready-made ingredients, it’s quick to put together, yet tastes like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen. Let’s dive in!
- 1 package of Pillsbury double pie crust
- 2 cans of original Veg-All mixed vegetables (15.25 oz each), drained (they even have potatoes in them!)
- 1 can of Campbell’s cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 package of Philadelphia cream cheese spread (8 oz, use the tub)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 whole chicken breasts, diced (rotisserie chicken already cooked is a great choice)
- Start by placing your pie crust in a pie pan.
- The original recipe calls for Philadelphia cooking creme savory garlic, which might be unavailable. To make your own alternative, combine the tub of cream cheese spread with 2 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder. Warm it gently until all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soup, your homemade cooking creme, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the cans of Veg-All mixed vegetables.
- Pour this mixture into your pie pan.
- Cover with the top crust. Ensure the edges are pinched together and make a few slits on the top for steam to escape.
- For a beautiful golden finish, mix an egg with a bit of water and brush this egg wash over the top crust. Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Notes and Conclusion:
- Rotisserie chicken is a great time-saver, but feel free to use any leftover chicken you might have.
- You can experiment with other vegetables or even add some herbs for an extra burst of flavor.
In conclusion, this pot pie is a heartwarming dish that will make everyone ask for seconds. Remember, the best meals are those shared with loved ones. So, don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking and bon appétit!