Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Easy, delicious, and very hassle-free! These three words best describe my experience with this Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings! A total comfort meal made easy with the use of a slow cooker! What I love the most about this recipe is that the ingredients are not difficult to get. You can find them in grocery stores!
Okay, enough with the long introduction. It is time to go to your kitchen! Just follow these very simple steps they will guide you to perfection. Enjoy!
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 stalks of celery, chopped
2 (10.5 ounces.) cans of cream of chicken soup
1 onion, chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 (16.3 ounces) can of refrigerated biscuits
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Add the onion to a large slow cooker.
2. Place the chicken breasts over the onions.
3. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and oregano over the chicken to season.
4. Add broth, soup, bay leaf, and thyme over the chicken breasts.
5. Cover the slow cooker, then cook everything for 3 hours on a high setting.
6. Remove the bay leaf and thyme.
7. Transfer the chicken breasts onto a clean plate, then use two forks to shred the chicken breasts into small pieces. Put them back into the slow cooker.
8. Add the garlic, peas, celery, and carrots. Stir until well mixed.
9. Break the biscuits into small portions, then add them to the slow cooker. Stir until well mixed.
10. Cover and cook for another 1 1/2 hours. Make sure to stir every 30 minutes during the cooking time.
11. Spoon into serving bowls.
12. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!