Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
The perfect treat for the holidays! This Cornbread Dressing will surely make your holiday extra special! This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. Whenever there was a family gathering, this cornbread must always be on the table! This recipe is a must-try, I’m telling you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I’m sure you can do a lot to take this very simple recipe to the next level! Have a blessed day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 cups chopped celery
2 large onions, chopped
1 stick margarine
5 cups crumbled buttermilk cornbread (dry)
5 cups dry bread crumbs
3 cups turkey or chicken broth
1 stick butter
4 large eggs beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
3 teaspoons sage or to taste
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 162 degrees C or 325 degrees F.
2. Apply Pam oil to a large baking sheet.
3. Add the bread crumbs, onion mixture, celery, melted butter, cornbread, eggs, chicken broth, sage, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed. Add more broth if the texture is too dry.
4. Cover the baking sheet with aluminium foil.
5. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
6. Remove the foil cover, then bake for another 10 minutes or until the top turns brown.
7. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!