Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
Insanely delicious, this Tomato Pie is to die for! In less than an hour, you can have the perfect pie to serve today! This was the best pie I have ever had. I’m sure you are going to love it. Enjoy!
8 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
1 c grated sharp cheddar cheese 85g
1 c grated mozzarella cheese 90g
4 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
1 c mayonnaise 205g
10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 9-inch pre-baked deep-dish pie shell I used Pillsbury
3 green onions, chopped
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
3. Add the tomatoes, then cook for about 30 seconds. Drain and transfer into a bowl with iced water.
4. Peel and slice the tomatoes, then add them to a colander. Sprinkle salt over the tomatoes and let them drain for at least 10 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 of the tomato slices into the prepared crust and arrange them in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add 1/2 of the onions and basil on top. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients until everything is arranged in layers ending with the onions.
7. In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise and cheese. Stir until well blended.
8. Add the mixture on top of the tomatoes and spread it evenly.
9. Scatter the bacon over the cheese.
10. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
11. Remove from the oven and allow the tomato pie to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last for a couple of days.
Calories: 353 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1088IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!