Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Ready to be devoured in just 30 minutes, this ginger beef is the perfect dish to serve today! Enjoy the delicious flavors in every bite!
2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus more for frying
1 1/2 c carrots, julienned (can use grated or shredded carrots too)
1 large white onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried red chili flakes
1/2 c light soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. skirt steak, sliced thinly (flank steak or beef tenderloin will work too)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1/4 c green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 c brown sugar, lightly packed
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 c cornstarch
2 tbsp vinegar (rice vinegar or white vinegar)
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. Add the steak and cornstarch into a large mixing bowl. Toss until well mixed.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the onions, then sauté for about 2 minutes or until soft.
5. Add the carrots, then sauté for another 3 minutes or until soft as well.
6. Add the ginger, chili flakes, and garlic. Sauté until aromatic. Stir everything until well mixed.
7. Add brown sugar, sesame seeds, vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, and sesame oil. Stir until well blended.
8. Reduce the heat down to low, then simmer everything for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
9. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
10. Add 3 cups of vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
11. Remove the beef from the bowl, then shake off any excess cornstarch.
12. Add the beef into the hot pan, then fry each until golden brown. Transfer onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Make sure to fry the meat in batches.
13. Add the beef into the pan, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
14. Sprinkle green onions on top to garnish.
15. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Sodium: 1164mg | Calcium: 72mg | Vitamin C: 5mg | Vitamin A: 5437IU | Sugar: 21g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 455mg | Cholesterol: 48mg | Calories: 383kcal | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fat: 14g | Protein: 20g | Carbohydrates: 46g | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!