Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 45 mins | Additional Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 25 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This quiche will always have a special place in my heart. This was my aunt’s recipe that she gave me years ago. You need to try this and I promise you that it will be worth all your time and effort! Feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 Egg, beaten
1 ¼ c sour cream
¼ c cream cheese softened
⅛ tsp ground black pepper
1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 slices bacon
1 (9 inches) unbaked pie crust
¼ c butter
¼ tsp salt
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove them from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper liners to drain any excess grease. When cooled, crumble them into small pieces.
4. Place a pastry crust onto a floured surface, then use a rolling pin to roll it out. Use a fork to prick the top.
5. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, then brush the top with beaten egg. Bake the crust for another 5 minutes.
7. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add butter and allow it to melt, then add the onion and saute until soft.
9. Turn the heat down to low, then cook the onions for another 40 minutes or until they turn dark brown.
10. In a mixing bowl, add 2 eggs and beat until creamy.
11. Add salt and pepper, then stir until well mixed.
12. Spread the caramelized onions and the rest of the batter over the crust.
13. Sprinkle half of the Cheddar cheese on top.
14. Scatter the crumbled bacon on top as well as the Cheddar cheese.
15. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
16. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature for a few minutes.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 389.8 | Protein: 11.3g23 % | Carbohydrates: 13.7g4 % | Dietary Fiber: 1.1g4 % | Sugars: 0.9g | Fat: 32.5g50 % | Saturated Fat: 16.6g83 % | Cholesterol: 123.5mg41 % | Vitamin A Iu: 762.9IU15 % | Niacin Equivalents: 3.5mg27 % | Vitamin B6: 0.1mg5 % | Vitamin C: 1.3mg2 % | Folate: 35.9mcg9 % | Calcium: 188.3mg19 % | Iron: 1.3mg7 % | Magnesium: 17.2mg6 % | Potassium: 161.3mg5 % | Sodium: 505.6mg20 % | Thiamin: 0.2mg15 % | Calories From Fat: 292.8
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!