Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
This incredible recipe is what you just might need today! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! Feel free to add more ingredients if you want. The combination of flavours in this cake is just too perfect! Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy!
1 c plus 1 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
2 to 3 blood oranges
¼ c low or full-fat milk
2 tbsp fresh turmeric, freshly grated
1½ c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cardamom
½ tsp sea salt
4 large Eggs
1 c granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Brush with butter a 9-inch cake pan.
3. Place the rest of the butter inside the oven and allow it to melt. Remove from the oven and set aside.
4. Remove the top and bottom of the blood oranges. Discard the skin and get the flesh.
5. Horizontally cut each blood orange and make 1/4-inch-thick round slices.
6. Arrange them onto the prepared pan. Make sure to cover the bottom with the oranges.
7. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
8. Add freshly grated turmeric and milk. Stir until well blended, then simmer. Remove from the heat.
9. Meanwhile, add baking powder, flour, salt, and cardamom into a mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
10. In another mixing bowl, add the eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk until well mixed.
11. Use a fine-mesh strainer to strain the turmeric milk.
12. Create a small hole in the middle of the flour mixture, then add stained milk, butter, and egg mixture. Mix until well combined.
13. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
14. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
15. Remove from the oven and let it sit at room temperature to cool for a few minutes.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!