Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 1hr 15mins | Additional: 5 mins | Total: 1 hr 45 mins | Servings: 12 | Yield: 12 servings
This simple recipe for sausage casserole is full of flavor and needs little clean-up because you only need one pan to make it. This recipe is one of our go-to casserole recipes to serve our guests. It is easy to make, and by far, the most delicious sausage casserole I’ve ever tried, not to mention that you will only need (7) ingredients. It’s absolutely a mouthwatering dish for me.
When I was young, my grandparents love to organize family gatherings. It’s their way of connecting to their children, as well as get to know us their grandchildren. Those times are the best because it makes me bond with my cousins, and of course, eat my favorite sausage casserole. You can tweak the recipe in your favor, add some meat or vegetables, but I can guarantee you that you’ll love this dish as it is. Try this recipe for Sausage Casserole, and don’t forget to enjoy it with your loved ones.
1 pound sage flavored breakfast sausage
3 cups shredded potatoes, drained and pressed
¼ cup butter, melted
12 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup onion, shredded
(1) (16 oz) container small curd cottage cheese
(6) jumbo eggs
1. Prepare oven, preheat it 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and make sure to grease a 9×13 inch square baking dish lightly.
2. Add and place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Then cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
3. In the prepared baking dish, stir shredded potatoes and butter. Then line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture. In a bowl, mix sausage, Cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese, and eggs. Pour over the potato mixture.
4. Bake for an hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 355.5 calories; fat 26.3g 41% DV; cholesterol 188.1mg 63% DV; sodium 754.7mg 30% DV; protein 21.6g 43% DV; carbohydrates 7.9g 3% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!