Yield: 4 Servings
This recipe is simply the best! These potatoes and cauliflower coated with delicious Indian spices are so good that you would want to have them pretty much all the time! I can’t wait to serve this to my loved ones!
400g (14 ounces) of potatoes (I prefer to use a waxy variety like Yukon Golds), peeled and cubed
½ tsp of amchoor (use a little lemon juice if you can’t get this)
½ tsp of garam masala
2 tbsp of finely grated ginger
¼ c (60ml of water)
1 onion, halved and sliced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp of ground cumin
1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
1 tsp of turmeric
½ tsp of red chili flakes
salt and black pepper to season
2 tsp of ground coriander
¼ c (60ml) or passata (or crushed tomatoes)
1 tbsp of tomato paste
fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped (to serve)
1 tbsp of ghee (or another oil of choice)
1. Place a saucepan with water on the stove and turn the heat to high.
2. Add the potatoes, then allow the water to boil.
3. Turn the heat off, then add the cauliflower and cover the pan. Let the veggies sit for 10 minutes.
4. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add ghee and allow it to become hot.
6. Add onion, then sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
7. Add garlic, spices, and ginger. Sauté for a minute or two or until aromatic.
8. Add the cauliflower and potatoes, then toss until well coated by the rest of the ingredients.
9. Add tomato paste, water, and passata. Cover the pan and simmer everything for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
10. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
11. Garnish with coriander.
12. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 SERVING, Amount Per Serving: Calories188 | Total Fat5g | Saturated Fat2g | Trans Fat0g | Unsaturated Fat2g | Cholesterol8mg | Sodium189mg | Carbohydrates34g| Fiber7g | Sugar6g | Protein6g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!