Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
I am so in love with this Baked Cannelloni! Oh, man, you need this in your life! This will be the best decision you will ever make today! Feel free to add more ingredients if you like. Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
6 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 Egg yolks
6 tbsp flour
1 package (19 oz) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Sausage Links, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing, and pull off.)
3 c milk (not skim)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
12 Cannelloni pasta shells
1/2 c mozzarella cheese, grated
12 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed or shredded
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, shredded
4 oz. mushrooms, finely chopped
For the Filling:
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the mushroom and onion, then sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
4. Add the sausage, then cook until crumbly and brown.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended.
For the Béchamel Sauce and to Bake:
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
4. Add the milk gradually and stir every addition until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
5. Add 1/2 of the sauce into the skillet with the sausage mixture, then stir until well blended.
6. Add the mozzarella cheese and egg yolks. Stir until well blended as well. Remove from the heat.
7. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the pasta on how to cook it. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
8. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
9. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
10. Add 3/4 cup of the béchamel sauce into the prepared baking dish and spread it to the bottom.
11. Fill each pasta tube with the filling.
12. Lay the cannelloni over the sauce, then spread the rest of the béchamel sauce on top.
13. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and oregano on top.
14. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake the cannelloni for about 45 minutes or until done.
15. Remove from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!