Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
This is the best way to make Mac and Cheese! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! My only advice is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later. Enjoy!
Mac and Cheese:
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
2 12-ounce cans of evaporated milk
1 tablespoon flour
2 1/2 c large elbow macaroni
2 1/2 c mild cheddar cheese, shredded (freshly grated if possible)
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 c whole milk
2 1/2 c white sharp cheddar cheese shredded
1 c herb panko bread crumbs
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Place a 5-quart pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
4. Add the macaroni and a bit of salt, then cook until al dente or firm to bite.
5. Drain the macaroni and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process, then drizzle olive oil immediately. Toss until well coated.
6. Put the pot back on the stove and turn the heat to medium-low.
7. Add butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add flour, then whisk and cook until well for a minute to remove the raw taste.
9. Add 2 cups of whole milk gradually and whisk every addition until well blended.
10. Turn the heat up to medium-high, then add the 2 cans of evaporated milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
11. In a mixing bowl, add the cheeses and stir until well mixed.
12. Add about 4 cups of cheese into the pot. Stir until melted completely and well blended.
13. Remove the pot from the heat and add the cooked macaroni. Toss until well coated with the delicious sauce.
14. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
15. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top.
16. In a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and Panko bread crumbs. Stir until well blended.
17. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the Mac and cheese.
18. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
19. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
20. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 501 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 847mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 927IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 485mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!