Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
I love how simple this recipe is! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have the most perfect day, friends. Enjoy!
3/4 c bread crumbs (store-bought or make your own)
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 bunch broccoli (about 1 ½ lb), stalks cut off, florets trimmed into 1-inch pieces
12 oz penne pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, minced
6 medium garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed through a garlic press
1 tsp dried thyme
¼ c all-purpose flour
2 c low-sodium chicken broth
1 c heavy cream
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3), trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
3 oz smoked mozzarella, shredded
8-oz jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped into pieces
1. In a mixing bowl, add the butter and bread crumbs. Stir until well combined.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
4. Place a large pot with salted water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
5. Add the broccoli and cook for about a minute. Remove it from the pot.
6. In the same pot, add the pasta and cook until firm to bite. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
7. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and toss until well coated.
8. Add 1 tbsp of olive into the pot and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
10. Add garlic and thyme, then sauté until aromatic.
11. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
12. Add cream and broth gradually, then beat until well combined.
13. Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
14. Add the chicken and cook for another 6 minutes.
15. Add the mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir until well mixed.
16. Add the drained pasta and broccoli, then toss until well combined.
17. Remove from the heat and transfer everything into the greased baking dish,
18. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top.
19. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until done.
20. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!