Prep: 35 mins | Cook: 1hr | Additional: 3 hrs | Total: 4 hrs 35 mins | Serving: 12 | Yield: 12 servings
Who wouldn’t love cheesecake? I know some do, but I guarantee that you will love this Banana Cream Cheesecake. It is smooth, creamy, and full of banana flavor. Try this recipe for Banana Cream Cheesecake, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
For the Crust:
(1 ¼) cups vanilla wafer crumbs
½ cup ground walnuts
5 tbsp Butter, melted
For the Filling:
(4) (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
(1 ⅛) cups white sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
(4) large eggs
1 cup sour cream
(2) (7″ to 7-7/8″ long)s medium ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup banana liqueur
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping:
1 ½ tsp unflavored gelatin
3 tbsp cold water
1 cup milk
⅓ cup white sugar
(4) large egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups heavy cream, chilled
(12) wafers vanilla wafer cookies
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. In a medium bowl, add and mix vanilla wafer crumbs, ground walnuts, and melted butter. Put it into the bottom of the prepared pan.
2. In a large bowl, add and stir cream cheese to soften. Mix 1 1/8 cup sugar and flour, and then stir into the cream cheese until smooth. Add and stir eggs, one at a time, mixing until well blended after each one. Add sour cream, mashed banana, banana liqueur, and 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla, and then pour over crust in the springform pan.
3. Cover bottom of the outside of the cheesecake pan with aluminum foil to prevent water from the water bath from seeping in. Add and place springform pan inside a larger pan. In the preheated oven, put the whole thing, and fill the outer pan with hot water.
4. In the preheated oven, bake it for 45 minutes. Turn the oven up when the time is up, but leave the door closed. Leave cheesecake in the unopened oven for an hour before removing from the water bath. To prevent it from shrinking and breaking away from the middle, loop a knife around the cake’s outer side. Allow cooling to room temperature, and then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until chilled.
5. In a small bowl, add and sprinkle unflavored gelatin over the cold water, and set aside to soften. In a small saucepan, add and heat milk until hot but not boiling over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, add and whisk 1/3 cup sugar and egg yolks until smooth and frothy. Add and whisk 1/3 of the hot milk into the egg yolk mixture, and then add yolk mixture into the pan with the remaining milk. Cook over low heat, make sure that the mixture does not burn on the bottom, stirring constantly with a spatula until it is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat, and then stir softened gelatin into the hot pastry cream until dissolved, then stir in vanilla. Add and pour into a bowl, place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface, and refrigerate until cooled, about an hour.
6. Whip heavy cream just past soft peaks when the pastry cream is cooled. Stir pastry cream to soften, then fold in the whipped cream. Add and place vanilla wafers on top of the cooled cheesecake, then spread the vanilla cream over the entire top. Chill until serving. To achieve a cleaner look, run a wet knife around the outer edge of the cake before removing the sides.
Per Serving: 790 calories; 276 mg cholesterol; 388.1 mg sodium; 13 g protein; 56 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!