Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
Every bite of this Baked Eggplant Parmesan is so perfect that you would want to eat it pretty much all the time! I love the combination of all the flavors. Since the eggplant has a mild flavor, you can’t taste it in this dish. That’s a good thing!
1 c Italian style bread crumbs
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
2 c marinara sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
3 medium eggplants
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 c panko bread crumbs
2 large Eggs
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ c chopped fresh basil
1 tsp salt
1. Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch round cuts.
2. Arrange the eggplant slices onto a baking sheet, then sprinkle salt on top. Allow them to rest for about an hour to moisten up.
3. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
4. Apply cooking spray to one or two large baking sheets.
5. Add salt, pepper, and flour into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
6. In another bowl, crack the eggs and whisk until creamy.
7. In another bowl, add garlic powder, panko bread crumbs, and Italian bread crumbs. Stir until well blended.
8. Dredge each eggplant slice into the flour mixture, egg mixture, and bread crumb mixture. Shake off any excess.
9. Put the eggplant slices back onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the eggplant slices.
10. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the eggplants for about 20 minutes. Make sure to flip them after 10 minutes to cook the other side as well.
11. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
12. Add 2 tbsp of marinara sauce to the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
13. Add 1/2 of the eggplant slices into the baking dish and arrange them in a single layer.
14. Add 1/2 of the marinara sauce over the eggplant slices and spread it evenly.
15. Add the mozzarella slices on top. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of the basil over. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients until everything is arranged in layers ending with Parmesan cheese.
16. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
17. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature to incorporate all the flavors.
18. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 435 kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1798mg | Potassium: 937mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 4.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!