Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
The best indeed! This Baileys Chocolate Cake is worth all your time and effort today! A very simple recipe that I am sure you can pull off! Invite your friends over and surprise them with this out-of-this-world cake. Enjoy!
For the cake:
3/4 c milk at room temperature
1/4 c Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs at room temperature
3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c boiling water or piping hot coffee
1/2 tsp salt
For the Frosting:
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
1-2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
a pinch of salt
shaved chocolate for garnish
3 1/2 c powdered sugar sifted to remove lumps
1 c unsalted butter softened to room temperature
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply butter to a 9×13-inch rectangle cake pan. Line it with parchment paper as well.
3. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
4. In another bowl, add the eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, milk, and Baileys. Stir until well blended.
5. Transfer the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, then stir until well blended.
6. Pour in boiling water gradually and whisk every addition until well mixed.
7. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
8. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
1. Add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the texture becomes smooth.
2. Add cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Beat until well blended.
3. Add the Baileys and salt, then stir until well mixed.
4. Add whipping cream gradually and beat every addition until well mixed.
5. Pour the frosting on top of the cake and spread it evenly.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 577kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 64g | Vitamin A: 573IU | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!