Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 33mins | Additional: 8 hrs 10 mins | Total: 9 hrs 8 mins | Servings: 24 | Yield: 24 caramel rolls
Food traditions reflect such a large part of who I am. And these time-honored recipes have a way to stack up during the holidays. I’d love to make every recipe every year, but it’s hard to find the time to make it all, much less the freezer room to store it and the tummy room to eat it. These Caramel Rolls are one of those recipes that is part of our food traditions. You will always see this in the table during Christmas, and it added warmth to us whenever we eat it. There’s something so satisfying about baking a sweet, soft bread dough, waiting for it to rise, and then throwing the cut swirls of melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar into a pan.
1 cup white sugar, or to taste
2 tbsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
(2) (1 pound) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
For the Caramel Sauce:
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup vanilla ice cream
½ cup butter
1. In a small bowl, add and mix white sugar and cinnamon.
2. Roll out a thawed loaf into a large rectangle. Then brush half of the melted butter evenly over dough. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over butter. Make sure to roll up the dough into a log, starting with the long edge closest to you. Cut the log into 1-inch slices with a sharp serrated knife. Then arrange slices cut-side up in an ungreased 9×13-inch baking pan.
3. Repeat step 2 with the second thawed loaf.
4. Add and combine brown sugar, vanilla ice cream, and 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir for 3 to 5 minutes until melted and well-blended. Pour the caramel mixture over rolls in the baking pan. Then cover with aluminum foil, refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight until rolls double.
5. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
6. Bake until golden brown in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Allow cooling for 10 minutes before serving.
1. Also, you can use a long thread string to cut the logs into slices.
Per Serving: 233.6 calories; fat 7.7g 12% DV; cholesterol 17.1mg 6% DV; sodium 258.7mg 10% DV; protein 4g 8% DV; carbohydrates 36.9g 12% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!