I really don’t like being a picky eater, but I am. Yes, it’s true… I can’t stand onions. They gross me out. BUT, having said that I actually like french fried onions… maybe because they’re breaded and fried makes them okay. Not sure just yet, but all I do know is that I can eat them (and LIKE them) without gagging like regular onions. 😉
This next recipe I’m sharing is topped off with those delicious french fried onions and filled with all sorts of goodness like chicken, cheese, sour cream, mayo and almonds. It is DELICIOUS!
The best thing about this French Onion Chicken Casserole is that it takes little prep time. Literally, it takes about 5 minutes to throw together if your chicken is already made. You can buy cooked, chopped chicken, but I like to bake my chicken earlier in the morning. Although it takes awhile to bake, it really only takes about 5 minutes of prep work. Add that with the 5 minutes it takes to put this casserole together and you’re looking at about 10 minutes of work.
This is an easy weekend breakfast you can make for the family! Everyone loves French Toast and maple syrup!
This is always a favorite at our house on the weekends. It’s the best french toast recipe there is! Its so simple to make yet so good! Perfect for brunch as well. The flavor of french taste and maple syrup is sinfully good. This is a great breakfast to make when you have a crowd as well because it makes a whole pan of yummy french toast. Much easier then cooking french toast servings individually.
Perfect for those breakfast days when you have a lot of hungry mouths to feed. They’ll love it!
French Toast Bake
Servings 8 people
Cook Time 45 minutes
* 1/2 cup melted butter 1 stick
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 loaf Texas toast
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2 cup milk
* 1 tsp vanilla
* Powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!