Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This is a classic dish that’s been around for years! I am still in love with it to this day. Prepare your mashed potatoes or rice, and serve this with it. You have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
FOR THE STEAK:
1 tbsp (15 ml) cooking oil, for searing beef patties
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) mustard powder
2 tsp (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) garlic salt
lots of fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
1/4 c (30 g) breadcrumbs
1 lb. (454 g) ground beef
1 large (1) Egg
1 tsp (5 ml) onion powder
1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) kosher salt
FOR THE MUSHROOM GRAVY:
1 (1) medium onion, sliced
2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 c (30-60 g) flour, depending on how thick you like your gravy
3 c (720 ml) broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
black pepper to taste
3 tbsp (30 g) butter
8 oz. (227 g) mushrooms, sliced
kosher salt or sea salt, or to taste
1. Add garlic salt, egg, beef, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper into a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix everything until well incorporated. Make four even patties out of the mixture.
2. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the patties, then sear each side for a minute or until they turn brown. Transfer the patties onto a clean plate.
5. In the same skillet, add the onion and mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
6. Add butter and allow it to melt.
7. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
8. Add flour, then whisk and cook for a minute until brown.
9. Pour in 1/2 cup of beef stock and stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
10. Turn the heat up to high, then add the rest of the broth and whisk until well blended. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
11. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer the gravy for a couple of minutes until the texture becomes thick.
12. Put the patties back into the skillet and toss until well coated by the delicious sauce. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
13. Remove from the heat, then sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
14. Serve right away and enjoy!
Calories: 480kcal, carbohydrates: 19g, protein: 25g, fat: 33g, saturated fat: 13g, cholesterol: 142mg, sodium: 1373mg, potassium: 581mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 4g, vitamin a: 620IU, vitamin c: 4mg, calcium: 52mg, iron: 3.6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!