KFC Coleslaw is one of my most important memories of foods in childhood. As a young kid, I would walk with my grandmother from my elementary school, and we would stop at KFC (then Kentucky Fried Chicken) to have a chicken plate for sharing and a pudding cup for sharing. I just remember, the best memories of our time there together, we ‘d be sitting, chatting, and laughing.
It is the perfect side dish for summer and tastes just like the real thing. It takes minutes to put together all the ingredients and is delicious so creamy. On top of a burger, salad, taco, or sandwich, there’s nothing better than smooth and tasty coleslaw. This coleslaw is a favorite in the summer and is my go-to for a potluck. KFC tends to have one of the best coleslaw recipes, and this one can be made at home and tastes the same.
(1) pkg (16 oz) shredded coleslaw mix
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp mustard
2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Add and mix the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper using your hand egg beater. Beat until incorporated.
2. Add in the coleslaw mix and dressing, and then mix until combined and serve. Enjoy.
1. A simple trick to avoid the watery essence of your coleslaw is to apply a little salt. Place the shredded cabbage over a bowl into a colander. Make sure the cabbage is as dry as possible, and cover with a towel or cloth. Sprinkle over the shreds one teaspoon per pound of cabbage, and toss evenly.
2. Coleslaw is healthy for the body, by itself. Cabbage and the carrots are nutritionally healthy. However, the extra number of calories with a full-fat mayonnaise isn’t. Instead of using mayonnaise, you can use Greek yogurt as it is much healthier than the former.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!