Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10mins | Ready In 50 mins
If you ask my family how I love cookies, they will tell you that I am a cookie monster. It’s something that never grows old, perhaps because, with cookies, I have so many memories. My love for these molasses cookies is largely due to my grandmother, who made fresh batches of cookies for our family as we grew up almost every week.
Homemade ginger cookies are big and sweet, filled with ginger flavor. Those cookies are great after your holiday meal, for dunking in a cup of coffee. Some of the best cookie recipes I have in my favorite set is this ginger cookie recipe. Such cookies are the perfect combination between a homemade soft and chewy cookie, and a classic gingerbread cookie. They are easy to make, and they’re still loved by everyone. Try this recipe for Big Soft Ginger Cookies, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp water
1/4 cup molasses
2 tbsp white sugar
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
2. Add and cream margarine and cup sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl. Add and beat in egg, then stir water and molasses. Gradually stir sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Form dough into walnut-sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar. Put the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Let it cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
1. When making smaller cookies, the baking time decreases to 10-12 minutes.
2. When you overbake the cookies will somehow be crispy.
Per Serving: 143 calories; 1.6 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 147 mg sodium; 6 g fat; 21.1 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!