Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Additional Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 50 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This will satisfy all your cravings today, I’m telling you! The rice sauce of this luscious dish is more than enough to let you know that you are in for a treat! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
1/2 c plain yoghurt
2 tsp of Black peppercorns crushed
salt to season
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
5-6 cloves garlic crushed into a paste(used for the marinade and cooking)
3 tbsp of ginger paste(used for the marinade and cooking)
6 cardamom pods crushed(used for marinade and cooking)
3 green chillies
a piece of Cinnamon(1-2 inches)
700g to 1kg of your favourite chicken parts(this can be a mix of drumsticks, breast, or thighs)
1/4 c oil( you might need less so use as needed)
1 tsp mustard seed
2 medium-sized Onions finely sliced
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 tsp tamarind paste(if using pulp with seeds-soak 1 tbsp of tamarind with seed in 1/4 c warm water for 10 minutes, remove the seed, and use the juice)
1/2 c coconut milk
For the Marinade:
1. Arrange the chicken pieces into a large pan or bowl. Make sure to leave a space between each piece.
2. Add the crushed peppercorns, salt, turmeric powder, yoghurt, cardamoms, garlic, and ginger. Toss everything until well combined. Add more salt if necessary.
3. Cover the bowl and place it inside the fridge. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
1. Put a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onions, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cinnamon, and the rest of the cardamoms. Saute for about 3 minutes or until soft and aromatic.
4. Add the mustard seed and cook for a few minutes.
5. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade. Discard the sauce.
6. Add the marinated chicken pieces into the pan and cook each side until brown.
7. Add 1 tsp of tamarind juice into the bowl with the marinade. Stir until well blended.
8. Pour in the sauce over the chicken and stir everything until well mixed.
9. Allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes or until the volume of the sauce reduces. Add more seasonings if needed.
10. Add the coconut milk and cook for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
11. Serve immediately over rice and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!