Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so we must serve something special and delicious. This Burrito Egg Casserole is a perfect example of it! A combination of delicious flavors in each bite will surely make you fall in love! Try this recipe now. Enjoy!
1 (20 oz) bag frozen shredded potatoes (do not thaw)
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles, drained
1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 6 oz.)
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 c whole or 2% milk
1 c sour cream
10 large Eggs
Serving options: sliced avocado, fresh cilantro leaves, tender stems, salsa
1. Place the rack in the center of the oven.
2. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
3. Apply cooking spray to a 13×9-inch baking dish.
4. Scatter the chilis, beans, and shredded potatoes to the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Stir everything until well mixed. Make sure to cover the bottom.
5. In a mixing bowl, add milk, sour cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and cheese. Whisk until well blended.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and spread it evenly.
7. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake the casserole for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
8. Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
9. Slice into portions.
10. Serve warm with salsa, sliced avocado, and freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
You can make this casserole the night before. Place them in the fridge, then thaw at room temperature before reheating.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 5 days.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!