Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 12 to 16 Servings
The sure winner in this recipe is the blueberry! Oh, man, you have got to give this recipe a try! I promise you that it is worth all your time and effort today! Serve this with your favorite cup of coffee, and you have yourself a breakfast to remember! Have a wonderful day, everyone. Enjoy!
1 Egg, room temperature
zest of 1 large lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 c fresh blueberries, picked over
2 c (256 g) all-purpose flour (set aside 1/4 c of this to toss with the blueberries)
½ c (8 tbsp | 4 ounces | 113 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
½ c buttermilk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 c (214 g) sugar (set aside 1 tbsp for sprinkling)
1 teaspoon kosher salt (I like 1.25 tsp)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Add lemon zest, butter, and sugar (set aside 1 tbsp for later use) into the bowl of a stand mixer, then beat until well blended.
3. Add vanilla and egg, then beat until well incorporated.
4. In another bowl, add 1/4 cup of flour and blueberries. Toss until well coated.
5. In a separate bowl, add the rest of the flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until well mixed.
6. Transfer 1/2 of the flour mixture into the bowl with the batter, then stir until well mixed.
7. Add the buttermilk and stir until well blended.
8. Add the rest of the flour and blueberries, then toss until well mixed.
9. Apply cooking spray to a 9-inch square baking pan.
10. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
11. Sprinkle the rest of the sugar on top of the batter.
12. Place the batter in the preheated oven and bake for about 35 to 45 minutes or until done.
13. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!