Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
A very special dish to make your every meal extra special! This Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna just became my favourite. I got this recipe 3 days ago, and I’m so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Try it now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
Butternut Squash Filling:
1 c ricotta cheese
¼ tsp salt plus ⅛ teaspoon more
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ c milk or more, if needed
2 c butternut squash puree (about half of squash)
1 c mozzarella cheese
¼ tsp salt
2 garlic cloves minced
pepper to taste
1 c ricotta cheese
8 ounces spinach (1 c cooked spinach)
1 ½ c mozzarella cheese or more
½ c Parmesan cheese on top
¼ tsp Paprika
¼ tsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp Basil
10 ounces lasagna noodles cooked (for gluten-free, use Tinkyada brown rice lasagna noodles)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
For the Butternut Squash Filling:
1. Add ricotta cheese, milk, salt, nutmeg, and 2 cups of butternut squash puree into a food processor, then pulse until well blended.
For Spinach Filling:
1. In a mixing bowl, add salt, pepper, garlic, spinach, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Stir until well blended.
To Cook the Noodles:
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the lasagna noodles and a bit of salt. Cook for a few minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Cut the noodles so they could fit in the baking dish.
1. Apply cooking spray to an 11×8-inch baking dish.
2. Add 1/3 of the butternut squash filling to the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly to coat the bottom.
3. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
4. Place 3 cooked lasagna noodles over the cheese layer.
5. Add 1/2 of the spinach filling on top of the lasagna noodles.
6. Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers
7. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
8. Remove the foil cover and bake for 10 more minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
10. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories401 | Fat18g28% | SaturatedFat11g69% | Cholesterol64mg21% | Sodium549mg24% | Potassium477mg
14% | Carbohydrates35g12% | Fiber2g8% | Sugar3g3% | Protein23g46% | Vitamin A 6995IU140% | Vitamin C15.5mg19% | Calcium449mg45% | Iron1.9mg11%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!