Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 40 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 50 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I love everything about this dish! From the recipe to the delicious flavours, I can’t find a reason why you should not try this! A big thanks to my sister for giving this recipe to me! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb chicken thighs chopped – chicken breast is good, too
Salt and pepper to taste
12 oz andouille sliced into ¼ inch slices
½ c peanut oil or vegetable oil
½ c flour
1 medium bell pepper chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium celery stalk chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 c okra I used frozen
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning or more to taste
6 c chicken stock
3 bay leaves
4 tbsp chopped parsley + more for serving
1 tbsp filé powder or to taste if desired
For Serving: Cooked white rice if desired
1. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 1 tsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Season with salt and pepper the chicken breast.
4. Put the seasoned chicken into the pot as well as the andouille. Cook each side until brown. Remove them from the pot.
5. In the same pot, add 1/2 cup of peanut oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the flour and stir until well combined.
7. Cook for about 30 minutes or until the colour turns brown.
8. Add the onion, garlic, and peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent and aromatic.
9. Put the andouille and chicken back to the pot, then heat for about a minute.
10. Add the Cajun seasoning, chicken stock, and okra. Stir until well combined.
11. Add the bay leaves and stir until well mixed. Simmer for about an hour.
12. Add the parsley and stir until well mixed.
13. Remove the pot from the heat, then add the filé powder and stir until well mixed.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!