Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Talk about a complete meal! This Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet are packed with delicious flavors! This will be the best decision you will ever make today. Enjoy this meal in less than an hour!
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2-3 Medium ripe tomatoes (about 1 c)
2.5 c chicken stock
Salt to taste
1 c long grain White rice
2 tbsp butter
2-3 tbsp Cajun Spice mix
250 grams Shrimp Cleaned and deveined
1 c bell pepper
1 tsp cooking oil
Lemon Wedges for Serving
Fresh cilantro For Garnishing
avocado for serving
1. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 1 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add shrimps, then cook each side for about a minute. Season with 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning. Transfer onto a clean plate.
4. In the same pan, add the rest of the oil and butter.
5. Add the minced garlic and onions, then sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and translucent.
6. Add the rice, then cook for about 2 minutes or until a bit toasted.
7. Add the tomato, bell pepper, and the rest of the Cajun seasoning. Stir until well blended.
8. Pour in the warm stock, then stir until well combined.
9. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low, then cook the rice for about 8 minutes.
10. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the rice to rest for at least 10 minutes.
11. Fluff the rice with a fork, then add the shrimp on top.
12. Sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro on top to garnish.
13. Serve warm with lemon wedges and avocado. Enjoy!
Feel free to use homemade Cajun seasoning.
You can also use fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 390 kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 802mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 44.8mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 2.5mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!