Prep: 15 mins | Additional: 40mins | Total: 55 mins | Servings: 48 | Yield: 48 cookies
If you love Oatmeal Cookies, then I am sure you’ll love this recipe. We fill these Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies with chewy oatmeal cookies with delicate apple and caramel flavor. Yes, folks, you heard it right, it’s Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies, and it’s delicious. You don’t have to search for other oatmeal recipes because this will save you from all misery. By the way, these cookies are the best kind of treat to be awaited.
These cookies are super soft, chewy, and moist made with real apples, caramel pieces, cinnamon chips, and oatmeal. These are not your typical oatmeal cookies by any stretch of the imagination. We replace the normal treatment for raisins with chopped, dried apples. Amping the apple quotient in the cookie dough is a grated apple tart. Tiny little bits of caramel baking make plentiful markings on the cookies.
(1 ¾) cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp apple pie spice
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
¼ cup applesauce
(1) LAND O LAKES® Egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
½ cup caramel bits
½ cup finely chopped dried apple rings
1. Heat oven 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Add and combine flour, baking soda, salt and apple pie spice in a bowl, set aside.
3. Combine brown sugar and butter in a separate bowl, beat until well mixed. Add applesauce, egg, and vanilla, beat until well mixed, scrape sides of bowl occasionally. Add flour mixture, beat until just combined at low speed. Stir in oats, caramel bits, and dried apples.
4. Then drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake until edges are lightly brown for 8-10 minutes. Let it stand 3 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to a cooling rack.
1. I used dried apple rings that I picked up in the grocery store. Do not substitute the dried apples with apple chips. Those are crunchy, and these are chewy, the texture of the cookie will change.
Per Serving: 115.9 calories; fat 4.6g 7% DV; cholesterol 14.2mg 5% DV; sodium 101.6mg 4% DV; protein 1.2g 2% DV; carbohydrates 17.9g 6% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!