Prep: 30mins | Cook: 8hrs | Additional: 20 mins | Total: 8 hrs 50 mins | Servings: 12 | Yield: 12 servings
I am in love with Charley’s Slow Cooker Mexican Style Meat while visiting a famous Mexican restaurant in our place. I love adding a lot of spices in my dish, and this my friend is the exact representation of me because you can add or limit the spice your using depending on your desired flavor. It’s so delicious and will make you want more.
(1) (4 lbs) chuck roast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
(1) large onion, chopped
(1 ¼) cups diced green chile pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
(1) (5 oz) bottle hot pepper sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1. First, trim roast of any excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Add and heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Put the beef in the hot skillet, and brown it quickly on all sides.
2. Transfer roast to a slow cooker and top it with the chopped onion. Add and season with chile peppers, chili powder, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, and garlic powder. Then add enough water to cover 1/3 of the roast.
3. Cover and cook on top for 6 hours, check to ensure that at least a small amount of liquid is still in the bottom of the cooker. Then reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for 2 to 4 hours, or until meat is tender and falls apart.
4. Then transfer it to a bowl and shred it using two forks (reserve 2 c of cooking liquid, if desired). Serve it in tacos or burritos (see Note).
1. If you use the meat for burritos: shred the meat and add it to a frying pan with a cup of liquid for cooking. Simmer, about 15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
2. Transfer it to a container that is freezer-proof and add (2) reserved cups of cooking liquid to freeze the meat. Freeze in fridge or microwave for up to 6 months; thaw.
3. Also, this recipe works with pork and chicken. Cut the skin before cooking and decrease to 4 hours high or 8 hours low the time of cooking. Cut the bones after cooking, and shred the meat.
Per Serving: 260.5 calories; fat 19.1g 29% DV; cholesterol 68.7mg 23% DV; sodium 314.7mg 13% DV; protein 18.4g 37% DV; carbohydrates 3.3g 1% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!