Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
The best thing you will ever have today is this Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup! Try this recipe now and I promise you that it is worth all your time and effort! You are more than welcome to modify this recipe to your liking. Enjoy!
3 c low-sodium chicken broth
1 c chopped yellow onion (1 small)
5 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
3 1/2 c peeled and cubed russet potatoes cut 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick (2 large)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 c chopped broccoli florets (from about 2 heads)
3 c milk (preferably 1% or 2%)
1 1/3 c chopped carrots (about 3)
1/3 c finely shredded parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
1 c chopped celery (2 stalks)
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the celery, onion, and carrots. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until soft and translucent.
4. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
5. Add the thyme, chicken broth, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Turn the heat down to medium, then cover the pot and cook everything for about 15 minutes.
7. Add the broccoli and stir until well combined. Cook for 5 more minutes.
8. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
9. Add the rest of the butter and allow it to melt.
10. Add flour, then whisk and cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste.
11. Add the milk and whisk until well blended.
12. Simmer for a few more minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
13. Add the heavy cream and stir until well blended.
14. Remove the pan from the heat, and then add the veggies into the sauce. Toss until well coated.
15. Sprinkle the cheeses and stir until melted completely.
16. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can use Gruyere cheese instead of cheddar cheese for this recipe.
You can use cauliflower in exchange for broccoli as well.
Calories 551 | Calories from Fat 315 | Fat 35g54% | Saturated Fat 21g131% | Cholesterol 107mg36% | Sodium 568mg25% | Potassium 1008mg29% | Carbohydrates 38g13% | Fiber 4g17% | Sugar 10g11% | Protein 22g44% | Vitamin A 6270IU125% | Vitamin C 50.3mg61% | Calcium 557mg56% | Iron 2.2mg12%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!