Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This spectacular Cheeseburger Soup reminds me of home. This was what my Grandma used to cook for us all the time! Now, I get to share it with you. I can’t wait for you to taste how delicious this is! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
½ lb ground beef
¾ c onion chopped
¾ c Carrots shredded
¾ c celery diced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
4 tbsp butter divided
3 c chicken broth
4 c peeled potatoes diced, about 1-¾ pounds
¼ c all-purpose flour okay to use gluten-free here
12 oz pepper jack Velveeta
1-½ c milk
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ c sour cream
1. Place a 3-quart saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the ground beef and cook until brown. Remove from the pan onto a clean plate.
3. Add butter into the same pan and allow it to melt.
4. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and parsley. Saute for a couple of minutes until the veggies are soft.
5. Add the potatoes, broth, and ground beef. Stir until well mixed and allow the mixture to boil.
6. Cover the pan and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
7. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Add the rest of the butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add flour and stir until well mixed. Cook for about 3 minutes.
9. Transfer the flour mixture into the soup and stir until well mixed. Allow the mixture to boil.
10. Add the milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed and allow the cheese to melt.
11. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the sour cream and stir until well mixed.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1319mg | Potassium: 861mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2715IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!