Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
Packed with delicious flavors, these Cheesy Corn Fritters will surely bring a big smile to your face today! You can serve these heavenly treats with your favorite dipping sauce! I can’t think of any reason why you shouldn’t give this recipe a try. They are just too perfect. Enjoy!
¼ c milk
1½ c Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 large Eggs, beaten
juice from 1/2 a lime, 1 tablespoon
1 jalapeno, deseeded, membranes removed, diced
¼ c green onion, chopped
1 c all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ c cilantro, chopped
3 c corn kernels, fresh is best. Can use frozen or canned also
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1. Place the corn into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the jalapeno slices, green onion, 1/2 lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Stir until well mixed.
3. In another mixing bowl, add chili powder, flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Transfer the dry ingredients into the corn mixture, then stir until well combined.
5. Add the cheese, beaten eggs, and milk. Stir until well blended.
6. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
7. Add a bit of oil and allow it to become hot.
8. Spoon the corn batter, then drop each into the hot oil.
9. Use a spatula to flatten each. Cook for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
10. Transfer them onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
11. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then let them sit at room temperature. They can last up to 2 to 3 days.
Serving: 1fritter, calories: 159kcal, carbohydrates: 16g, protein: 7g, fat: 8g, saturated fat: 3g, polyunsaturated fat: 1g, monounsaturated fat: 3g, trans fat: 1g, cholesterol: 40mg, sodium: 298mg, potassium: 108mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 2g, vitamin a: 243iu, vitamin c: 3mg, calcium: 140mg, iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!