Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Rest Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
The rich, cheesy taste of this Eggplant Casserole is just too perfect! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Take those boring eggplants to the next level! Have a blessed day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
½ c marinara sauce
1 large eggplant (1 ¼ pound), unpeeled
¼ tsp black peppers
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 c shredded part-skim Mozzarella, divided (4 ounces)
¼ tsp Diamond Crystal kosher salt
Avocado oil spray for the pan
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 250 degrees C or 500 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
3. Apply cooking spray onto the prepared baking sheet.
4. Cut the eggplant into 1/4-inch round pieces.
5. Lay the eggplant slices onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Apply avocado oil, then sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper onto the season.
7. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast the eggplant slices for about 15 minutes.
8. Flip the eggplant slices, then apply cooking spray on top. Roast for 10 more minutes.
9. Remove the eggplant slices from the oven.
10. Turn the heat down to 425 degrees F.
11. Apply cooking spray to a 1-quart casserole dish.
12. Add 1/2 of the roasted eggplant slices into the prepared casserole dish and arrange them in a single layer.
13. Add 1/2 of the marinara sauce on top and spread it evenly.
14. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients ending with Parmesan cheese.
15. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
16. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 0.25 recipe | Calories: 166 kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 314mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!