Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This Cheesy Enchilada, Rice Skillet is simply the best! It doesn’t need anything else to make it perfect because it already is! All you need is 30 minutes of your precious time. Lunch or dinner will be awesome again with this amazing recipe! A must-try indeed!
1 c canned corn kernels, drained
1 c canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 c uncooked rice
1/2 c Old El Paso™ mild green enchilada sauce
1 bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 c Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the rice on how to cook it. Use a large saucepan for this. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add bell pepper, garlic, and onion. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft and aromatic.
5. Add the enchilada sauces, rice, oregano, cumin, rice, chili powder, and enchilada sauces. Stir until well blended. Heat for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
6. Remove the skillet from the stove, then add cheese on top.
7. Cover the skillet with the lid, then allow the cheese to melt completely. This usually takes about 2 minutes.
8. Sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro over each serving.
9. Serve right away and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!