Yield: 20 Meatballs
Who said that you need meat to make meatballs? This recipe is simply the best! The mushrooms made these meatballs complete! Well, you just have to give this recipe a try and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ c quick-cooking oats
1 tbsp butter
1 pound / 453 gr white mushrooms, finely chopped (use the food processor to save time)
½ c finely chopped onion
4 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
2 Eggs, divided
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp dried oregano
A pinch of cayenne pepper
3 c of your favorite tomato sauce
½ c breadcrumbs (I used gluten-free breadcrumbs)
4 to 5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
½ c shredded mozzarella cheese (or any other cheese you prefer)
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the mushrooms, then cook for 10 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Season with a bit of salt to taste.
4. Add butter and allow it to melt. Cook the mushrooms for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the onions, then sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft.
6. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
7. Move the sauteed ingredients into a large bowl.
8. Add the oats, then stir until well mixed.
9. Add egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
10. Add the other egg, then stir until well mixed.
11. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, then place it inside the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
12. Prepare the oven and preheat to 225 degrees C or 450 degrees F.
13. Line with parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
14. Shape the mixture into meatballs, then place them onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer.
15. Place the baking sheet inside the preheated oven and bake the meatballs for about 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature.
16. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to low.
17. Add the tomato sauce, then simmer for a few minutes.
18. Add the meatballs, then toss until well coated with the tomato sauce. Let the meatballs simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
19. Add mozzarella cheese, then cover the skillet and allow the cheese to melt completely for a few minutes.
20. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over each serving.
21. Serve over noodles. Enjoy!
48 calories, 2 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of protein.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!