Prep Time: 1 hr 25 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 2 hrs 25 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
The rich flavours in this delicious dish are superb! You need this in your life, I’m telling you! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this even better! Serve this Chicken and Dumpling Casserole pretty much any time of the day! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 pounds chicken thighs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 tablespoon salt
2 cups chicken broth
1 can(s) of cream of chicken soup
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Place a pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high.
2. Add the chicken and allow the water to boil. Cook the chicken for about an hour.
3. Remove the chicken from the pot onto a clean plate.
4. Use two forks to shred the chicken into small pieces.
5. Transfer the shredded chicken into an 11×7-inch baking dish.
6. In a mixing bowl, add milk, flour, and butter. Whisk until well mixed.
7. Pour the mixture on top of the shredded chicken.
8. In another mixing bowl, add soup, broth, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed.
9. Pour the mixture on top of the chicken as well. Make sure not to stir.
10. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
11. Place the casserole inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until done
12. Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!