Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
In less than an hour, this Chicken Enchilada, Rice Casserole will surely satisfy all your cravings! Rice, cheese, chicken, and a lot more ingredients made this dish hard not to love! Try this recipe now. Enjoy!
1 c Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
11 oz. corn kernel drained (1 can)
2 c long-grain rice, uncooked, such as Basmati
20 oz. red enchilada sauce
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 c white cheddar, shredded
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 1½ pounds)
16 oz. refried beans
1 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish
1. Place a saucepan with 4 cups of water on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the rice, then let it simmer. Cover with the lid and cook the rice for 18 minutes or until soft.
3. Remove the pan from the stove and let the rice rest for at least 5 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the rice.
4. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
5. Add enchilada sauce, corn, refried beans, 1/2 white cheddar cheese, 1/2 Monterey Jack cheese, shredded chicken, and rice into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
6. Transfer the rice to a 9×13-inch casserole dish and spread it evenly.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
8. Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake the rice casserole for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
9. Remove the casserole from the oven, then sprinkle cilantro on top to garnish.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to use store-bought enchilada sauce for this recipe.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then put them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 to 4 days.
You can add your preferred veggies as well.
Leftovers can last in the freezer for almost 3 months.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 204 kcal (10%) | Carbohydrates: 20g (7%) | Protein: 14g (28%) | Fat: 7g (11%) | Saturated Fat: 4g (25%) | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg (12%) | Sodium: 866mg (38%) | Potassium: 167mg (5%) | Fiber: 3g (13%) | Sugar: 5g (6%) | Vitamin A: 536IU (11%) | Vitamin C: 2mg (2%) | Calcium: 156mg (16%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!