I loved chicken enchiladas, but I’m not a crazy fan of the enchiladas red sauce. Sometimes for me, the red sauce can be so overwhelming in taste that I can’t taste the other flavors in the platter. And my acid reflux sometimes goes against anything red. Discovering this recipe was a gift from heaven, a light-tasting sour cream sauce with a bit of heat from the green chilies. Try this delicious recipe for Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream White Sauce, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(10) small soft flour tortillas
3 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
(2 1/2) cups shredded and cooked chicken
3 cups Monterey Jack cheese – shredded
3 tbsp butter
(4oz) can dice green chilies
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Combine shredded chicken and a cup of cheese.
3. Fill tortillas with the mixture above, and roll each one, then put in a greased 9×13 pan.
4. Add and melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
5. Stir flour into the butter and whisk for a minute overheat.
6. Add broth and whisk, cook over heat until it’s thick and bubbles up
7. Take the heat off and add in sour cream and chilies. (Make sure the heat is not too hot to avoid curdling from the sour cream.)
8. Add and pour mixture over enchiladas and add remaining cheese to the top.
9. Bake in the oven for 20-23 minutes, then you will want to broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese. Enjoy!
1. There are a few methods you can cook chicken for this recipe. Inside the oven, you can roast a few chicken pieces. Add and drizzle a little bit of olive oil over them and season with salt and pepper and cook for 35-45 minutes.
2. For this, you can use corn tortillas, but I find flour tortillas rolling up easier without tearing like corn tortillas.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!