Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40mins | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
This traditional Italian-American dish made with chicken breasts, mushrooms, and Marsala wine is the ultimate in comfort home cooking. I like serving this over a tangle of linguine or with a side of roast potatoes. Try this recipe for Chicken Marsala with Portobello Mushrooms, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
8 tbsp butter, divided
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
(4) mushrooms portobello mushroom caps, sliced
(1) clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp of all-purpose flour
1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth
½ cup dry Marsala wine
1 tbsp browning sauce
½ tsp kosher salt, or to taste
¼ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
(6) (blank)s skinless and boneless chicken breast halves –
pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
(1) pinch kosher salt and pepper to taste
¾ cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt 4 tbsp butter and heat a tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stir the mushroom slices in the skillet until tender. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
3. Melt a tbsp of butter and heat a tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add and stir in garlic and cook until tender, then gradually whisk in a tbsp of flour. Cook for a minute, stirring constantly.
4. Then increase heat to high, and whisk in the beef broth, Marsala, and browning sauce. Add and season sauce with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper. Let the sauce boil, and reduce heat to low. Mix in cooked mushrooms, and cook the chicken using the skillet. Cover saucepan and remove from heat.
5. Add and season chicken with salt and pepper, and dredge chicken breasts in the flour. Melt the remaining 3 tbsp of butter in the skillet used to cook the mushrooms over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 minutes per side until browned. Then arrange the chicken in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish, and cover with the sauce and mushroom mixture.
6. Cover baking dish, and bake it for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken juices run clear.
Per Serving: 425.9 calories; fat 23.1g 36% DV; cholesterol 107.9mg 36% DV; sodium 622mg 25% DV; protein 29.1g 58% DV; carbohydrates 19.9g 6% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!