Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
Packed with delicious flavors, this lasagna will surely bring satisfaction to your life! A must-try recipe. Enjoy!
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 (6 ounces) bag of fresh baby spinach
2 c whole milk
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 c shredded cooked chicken
8 no-boil (oven-ready) lasagna noodles
2 c low-sodium chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Place a large saute pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, mushrooms, onions, 1/4 tsp salt, basil, and oregano. Sauté for 5 minutes or until fragrant and soft.
5. Add the spinach, then cook for a few minutes until wilted.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the cooked chicken. Stir until well combined.
7. Add flour and 1/2 cup of chicken stock into a small bowl. Stir until well blended.
8. Add milk, 1 tsp salt, the remaining chicken broth, and nutmeg into a saucepan. Stir until well blended.
9. Put the pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Allow the mixture to simmer while stirring.
10. Add the slurry (water and flour mixture), then stir until well blended. Simmer the mixture until thick.
11. Add Parmesan cheese, then stir until melted completely. Remove from the heat.
12. Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce into a 10×10-inch square baking dish and spread it evenly.
13. Add 2 noodles, 1 cup of the chicken mixture, 1 cup of sauce, and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers ending with the mozzarella cheese.
14. Cover everything with aluminium foil, then place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
15. Remove the foil cover, then broil for 2 more minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
16. Let it rest at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: Calories: 328 Sugar: 5.6 g Sodium: 812.7 mg Fat: 10.1 g Carbohydrates: 33.5 g Protein: 24.4 g Cholesterol: 39 mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!